Mark Silverman, M.A.
701 Avenue C, Apt. C-9
Brooklyn, New York 11218
Phone: (347) 529-1118
Fax: (718) 732-2992
- + Experienced mathematics teacher
- + Able to explain math clearly and simply
- + Effective and supportive tutor of students having a broad range of abilities
- + Excellent results with children, adolescents and adults, individually and in groups
- + Expert in New York school math curricula
- + High passing rates
New School for Social Research, New York, New York
Master of Arts in Psychology, June 1973
St. John’s College, Annapolis, Maryland
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts, June 1970
Private tutoring — 1996 to present
New York City public schools — 1987 to present
Math teacher of high-schoolers and adults.
Harvard Academy, Elmhurst, New York — 1998 and 1999
Taught classes for gifted teenagers, including SAT preparation.
- + Prof. Steven Radlow
Director of Youth Programs, Broooklyn College Continuing Education
- + Mr. Stanley Klein
President, High Grade Tutoring Service, Queens
- + Ms. Marina Ostrovskiy
Phone numbers and testimonial letters available.